Often times, real estate agents and brokers have a hard time seeing how text message communication can be used effectively to market themselves and their real estate businesses. Using text messaging for your real estate marketing can be an incredibly effective means of lead generation. Below you will find some examples of both effective and ineffective text marketing.
First up, the importance of permission
Before you can text anyone, you must have received permission from that person to contact them. The Dotsignal platform provides the framework to support the requirements of gaining permission from your users and you must comply with requests from consumers who wish to stop receiving text messages.
Example of Effective Mobile Marketing Messaging:
Text Example: “Hello Bob, Its Patty Smith – the agent from XYZ Realty. I wanted to let you know that the listing at 465 Main St. just dropped their asking price by $30K. Call me anytime for more information. Thanks.”
Why this type of message is effective;
- Its personalized
- The call-to-action is clear, concise and straight to the point
- The agent identified herself and her brand
- The message includes value and is related to a previous request for information from the potential buyer.
Example of Ineffective Mobile Marketing Messaging:
Text Example: “Hi Friends! There are a ton of nice homes on the market today and I want to find you the perfect home. Let me know if you want to talk about it.”
Why this type of message is not effective:
- It is obvious to the recipients that it’s a broad, blanket message sent to multiple people who may or may not know one another.
- It’s irrelevant to the end user and provides little to no actual content or value
- Provides no call to action
- No initial introduction of who is trying to reach out (the end users may not have your contact information in their phone)